Monday, June 11, 2012

Banana Almond Pancakes

My kids love pancakes, but grain-free pancake recipes can kind of be hit or miss with us.  I came up with this recipe this morning, and it was delicious.  A little bit of a banana bread taste.  I topped it with honey, but I think they were almost good enough to just eat plain.  I actually don't really measure when I'm coming up with recipes, so I'm guessing a little bit on how much I used of some things.


BANANA ALMOND PANCAKES
2 eggs
1/2 cup almond milk
1 tsp. vanilla
2 small ripe bananas
1 cup almond butter
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda

  1. Beat the eggs, milk, and vanilla in a medium size mixing bowl.
  2. Break off the bananas in smallish pieces into your mixing bowl.  Add 1 cup almond butter.  Blend with a hand mixer (or whatever you've got, a whisk probably won't work, though).
  3. Add almond flour and baking soda and blend again until everything's combined and you have a good pancake batter consistency.
  4. Cook. :)
This made enough to feed me and my three kids, keeping in mind that my older son can eat pancakes like nobody's business.  I think it made 24 pancakes.



2 comments:

  1. Question for you... where do you get your almond milk, almond butter, and almond flour? I've heard others talk about using these things when cooking, but I never know where to get them. Are they sold at regular grocery stores (I actually haven't ever looked), or can you only get them at health food stores?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can get almond milk at any grocery store. We get our almond butter from WinCo in the bulk food section, but you can also get it at any regular grocery store. Almond flour can be a little harder to find. I had been getting it from Whole Foods, but recently ordered it online in a 25 lb package because it was cheaper.

    ReplyDelete